Send Richard a voice mail message

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Three reasons I created this blog

Hi friends and colleagues!

I created this blog for these three reasons:

1. I want to see if there is an interest in creating a new career ladder for Jewish day and supplemental educators beginning in elementary school and extending through graduate school. I am also passionately interested in the creation of a new role for teachers in the day and supplementary school, the mentor teacher who trains students to become Jewish educators.

2. I have spent my entire professional life in secular education teaching students in all grades from two through graduate school.

3. Now I want to devote the next chapter of my life to the recruitment, training and retention of Jewish educators who possess a strong knowledge base in both Judaics and Judaic-specific instructional tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jewish Education News Blog

Richard D. Solomon's Blog on Mentoring Jewish Students and Teachers

http://nextleveljewisheducation.blogspot.com/